Lean Library, a SAGE Publishing company, was founded by librarians for librarians. Our mission is to help redefine, enable and amplify the power of the academic library in order to advance student learning and researcher impact. Our core solution is a browser extension which streamlines access to academic resources and content at the point of need. Over 100 libraries use this solution from universities all over the world including Harvard, NTU and Cambridge. Over the next few years we aim to pioneer a new approach to library services, bringing the library directly into patron’s workflows to accelerate learning and research.
If this sounds interesting to you and you are looking for a role where you can partner with libraries to help them meet new opportunities and challenges, then we would love you to join our team!
Your will be responsible for ensuring that the features and integrations that are developed at Lean Library are easy, and straightforward to use. Accessibility and easy of use are key at Lean Library and you as the Senior UX designer will make sure that these perspectives are continuously kept in mind with product development, and you will champion the overall experience for our users.
In your role, you will be working closely with the developers, and support them with ensuring a smooth end to end UX experience is delivered, as well as ensuring UI elements and decisions regarding currently developed feature are the correct ones. At the same time, you will also be working closely with the Head of Product, supporting them with new possible integration and feature designs. Your in-depth knowledge of the product will be required in order to design the best design to our user group.
You will be an essential part of the small and agile Lean Library team, working with colleagues based in the Netherlands, the UK, the US and Singapore. We have a real family culture at Lean Library, where every voice matters and we all support each other. You will also be collaborating closely with many colleagues in the wider SAGE business. This will give you access to best-in-class practices and tools, but more importantly to excellent experience and advice as you take our product development into a new phase.
Responsible within our product management team for:
- Working on currently developed feature / integration UX design
- Working on new, upcoming feature designs together with the product management team
- Indepth experience in academic related product UX design
- Action-oriented, enthusiastic, organised and customer-centric
- The ability to deliver minute but important user interface needs, whilst simultaneously ensuring the overall user experience is impeccable for both our librarians and patrons.
- The ability to sell an idea and vision with the use of storytelling and prototyping
- Some familiarity with embedding UX and UI into agile working methods
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (at least in English)
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with clients and a range of different stakeholders both within a core team (Lean Library) and in matrix settings (SAGE Publishing colleagues).
Diversity & Inclusion
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org