Lean Library, a SAGE Publishing company, was founded by librarians for librarians. Our mission is to help redefine, enable and amplify the power of the academic library in order to advance student learning and researcher impact. Our core solution is a browser extension which streamlines access to academic resources and content at the point of need. Over 100 libraries use this solution from universities all over the world including Harvard, NTU and Cambridge. Over the next few years we aim to pioneer a new approach to library services, bringing the library directly into patron’s workflows to accelerate learning and research.
If this sounds interesting to you and you are looking for a role where you can partner with libraries to help them meet new opportunities and challenges, then we would love you to join our team!
The Marketing Executive will report into the Growth and Engagement Manager, Lean Library. You will be responsible for contributing to the marketing activity for Lean Library, working across areas such as customer engagement, lead generation and social media.
You will be an essential part of the small and agile Lean Library team, working with colleagues based in the Netherlands, the UK, the US and Australia. We have a real family culture at Lean Library, where every voice matters and we all support each other. You will also be collaborating closely with many colleagues in the wider SAGE business, particularly those in marketing and communications. This will give you access to best-in-class practices and tools, but more importantly to excellent experience and advice as you take our marketing function into a new phase.
You will play a key role in the implementation of our marketing strategy, helping to build a strong marketing function in Lean Library, raising brand awareness and engaging customers:
- Supporting the development of customer-centric marketing plans, including lead generation (in collaboration with the sales team) which increase Lean Library’s customer base, patron adoption and market share.
- Conceiving intuitive marketing campaigns with the Growth and Engagement Manager.
- Writing engaging copy for a range of distributions, keeping our brand identity and key messaging in mind ( including website content, newsletters, email campaigns, press releases and social media)
- Creating basic graphics using both Adobe Creative Suite and Canva, keeping to the Lean Library brand book
- Conducting market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures, proactively looking for opportunities to improve our marketing activity.
- Working with the sales team to ensure marketing-generated leads are added to our CRM system.
- Working with the Growth and Engagement Manager to develop high quality social content, keeping abreast of current industry issues and trends to utilise on our platforms.
- Producing annual customer value reports using Adobe Illustrator.
- Reporting and analysing campaign performance, sharing insights with the team.
- Working with the technical, sales and marketing teams on customer satisfaction ideas, implementation, and execution
- Building relationships with customers from multiple sectors
- Administrative, promotional and operational responsibilities may be included.
- Strong copywriting skills with the ability to write customer-focused copy and adapt your writing to the audience
- A creative eye and some design skills
- Previous working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Experience of working on digital marketing campaigns, including email and social
- An understanding of the library market and a genuine interest in looking for new trends to connect with customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-centric, commercially minded and passionate about marketing
- Enthusiastic, organised and creative
- Willing to travel some to key conferences or meetings
- Able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders both within a core team (Lean Library) and in matrix settings (SAGE Publishing colleagues)
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SAGE Publishing we embrace diversity and inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org