Lean Library, a SAGE Publishing company, was founded by librarians for librarians. Our mission is to help redefine, enable and amplify the power of the academic library in order to advance student learning and researcher impact. Our core solution is a browser extension which streamlines access to academic resources and content at the point of need. Over 100 libraries use this solution from universities all over the world including Cambridge, Barcelona and Utrecht . Over the next few years we aim to pioneer a new approach to library services, bringing the library directly into patron’s workflows to accelerate learning and research.
If this sounds interesting to you and you are looking for a role where you can partner with libraries to help them meet new opportunities and challenges, then we would love you to join our team!
The Library Services Consultant, Europe will report to the Development Manager, Europe for Lean Library. You will support and implement a growth strategy for our library business and partnerships in the European market, in an exciting business development and library partnerships role for a growth start-up.
You will be an essential part of the small and agile Lean Library team, working with colleagues based in the US, the UK and the Netherlands. We have a real family culture at Lean Library, where every voice matters and we all support each other. You will also be collaborating closely with many colleagues in the wider SAGE business, particularly those in sales and marketing. This will give you access to best-in-class practices and tools, but more importantly to excellent experience and advice as you take our sales growth forward.
Working with and supported by the Development Manager, Europe you will:
- Personally drive new library business in selected European markets to meet our ambitious growth targets and deliver excellent relationships with our library partners
- Deliver best-practice account management to your library customers
- Accurately maintain monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Collate, analyse and communicate useful statistical information relating to the sale of Lean Library products via salesforce
- Partner effectively with the senior marketing manager for Lean Library on successful European campaigns to drive library business and patron engagement
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Lean Library product and service offering, in addition to those of our competitors and other relevant library service providers
- Help identify and validate new library product and service opportunities for European libraries
- Work strategically and tactically with colleagues in the SAGE Europe sales team (including colleagues from Talis and Adam Matthew) to look for shared opportunities
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with diverse colleagues (sales, marketing, product) in Lean Library and the wider SAGE business to ensure high levels of engagement and feedback
- Establish and track clear ROI and KPI criteria and assess performance against these responsibilities, including pipeline management
Skills and experience required
- Strong consultative sales experience, preferably within a SaaS context
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a proven ability to grow business and hit targets
- Excellent advocacy skills: oral, written and with the ability to present and build strong external relationships
- Knowledgeable about the library market and passionate about the library’s contribution to learning and research
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
- Demonstrated influencing, communication, and negotiation skills across teams (both core and matrix) and with all levels of management
Diversity & Inclusion
At Lean Library we embrace diversity and inclusion. We seek to promote the benefits of diversity in all our business activities and develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, or belief as creating value through diversity is what makes us strong. As a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural, or technical requirements Lean Library may add, remove, or amend/change the accountabilities for this role, and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
To apply please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com